Jitendra suggests six sites that should be on every web developers accessibility bookmark tab:
- Joe Clark’s Building Accessible Websites
- Mark Pilgrim’s Dive Into Accessibility
- Shawn Henry’s Just Ask: Integrating Accessibility Throughout Design
- Sarah Horton’s Access by Design
- The Encyclopedic Web Accessibility: Web Standards and Regulatory Compliance
- Jim Byrne’s excellent tome Accessible Web Typography – an introduction for web designers
All excellent resources by great writers. I would add few more resources:
- CPD’s WebAim: Introduction to Web Accessibility.
- W3school’s Web Quality Tutorial provides a succinct but quality introduction.
- Derek Featherstone’s excellent article on A List Apart ARIA and Progressive Enhancement.
- The Web Standards Project’s WaSP InterACT.